The Screaming Valor has a crew of more than one thousand vassals. It is unique as a Brightest Eye vessel in that apart from its commanding officer, Visionary Destroyer, there are no other Brightest Eye on board. This is due to the actions taken by Visionary Destroyer, then known as Partisan Teacher, whilst in command of Obliterating Fire during the Battle of Limbworld.
The Screaming Valor has been heavily modified since leaving Brightest Eye space. The fuselage of the Screaming Valor has been joined with that of the Cyryn pirate vessel Kar'nala, increasing its overall size considerably. It has also had several systems and weapons added/upgraded with Cyryn technology.
- Louvin Yikjaal Muur - Commanding Officer
- Visionary Destroyer - Tactical Officer (formerly Commanding Officer)
- Rayk Yikjaal Muur - Pilot
- This Might Be a Good Idea - Science Officer
- Merza Dolchet - Medic/Engineer
- K'naii - Limb Science Officer
- J'kal - Limb Security
- Fearless Pioneer - Brightest Eye Security
- Unpopular Mechanic (a.k.a. Darren) - Brightest Eye
Supplementary Crew Makeup
- Brightest Eye species:
- Peacekeep species:
- Noble Defender - Pilot (currently on the Avalon)
- Nydar - First Officer (currently on the Avalon)
- Tkaah - Security/Tactical Officer (currently on the Avalon)
- Hansarald Neuroon - Science Officer (currently on the Pupil)
During the events of The Corsairs, the crew of the Screaming Valor captured the Cyryn vessel Kar'nala and its Corsair fleet. Following this, a number of the Kar'nala's systems were integrated into the Screaming Valor, of particular importance being the transporter and the Corsair Cyclone.
- Upgraded Shields (from 2 to 6)
- Increased Combat Maneuvers (from 5 to 5?)
- Decreased Evasive Actions (from 2 to 1), due to its increased size and weight
- Upgraded transporters (from two to four people at a time)
- Cyclone fully operational with 12 Corsairs
- Polaron Beam added (attack role of 6, doubled against shields)
- Mines added
- Upgraded Scanners (from 1 to 3)
- Upgraded Analysis (from 2 to 4)
Hans had been attempting to integrate the Kar'nala's Artificial Intelligence into the Screaming Valor, he had for a long time been unsuccessful. The ship's systems are run through the Concordance, and connecting that to an AI would be extremely dangerous. Knowing this, when confronted with four Brightest Eye warships Hans and Good Idea successfully connected the AI, sending the Concordance and enemy ships into disarray.
Six Corsairs were lost during the escape from Bastion 3, leaving only six available for deployment.